This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting ideas Jonas

I think the idea about being able to add modules might be pretty difficult to implement as there are so many different types..

Perhaps you mean you are just interested in this functionallity for a specific type of module like Mono Notes sequencers and other types of sequencers?

This would likely be easier to setup especielly if you already have defined a synth plug or midi output for same for the stack.

I've spending a great deal of time figuring out how to get central control setup for awhile so haven't been using the Launchpad that much for the type of work the Launchpad shines at, real time performance.

But when I edit sequencers I uses it for detailed editing.

But recently I've changed gears and just been using a simpler setups, jamming with it with Diva or Chromaphone while using the Wavestation Drum kits and the Blofeld arp and synths as backing tracks.

Here the Launchpad is great for working with the start step+ end step of the Drum sequence and moving it around to get alot of variation. This technique also works great with the arp sequence I've setup for the blofeld.

I think for live playing of several sounds the Launchpad combined with pedals and the mod wheel pitchbend aftertouch and an a 8 button box like the nocturn gives alot of control with out much of a reallestate hit. I also have the Maschine, so I'm ready to create a realtime soundstorm, with massive control.. Additionally I could use one more 4 octave keyboard, preferrable so I've got to types of sound sources at once. lead and bass for example

Launchpad fits right in to a Live enviroment for sure. It's simple enough that you can still keep focus performance issues.

About the stickers, I find the space on the launchpad itself so limited the the text size on the stickers gets too small to be read, especielly in bad light.. All the more reason to learn the assignments by heart. Barring that perhaps a DIY frame that the Launchpad could sit in with enough space for larger text could be a solution.

Regards

Wade
    Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 01-22-2012, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoToneshuzz View Post
      I think the idea about being able to add modules might be pretty difficult to implement as there are so many different types..
      I'm not sure about a button combo press to get to a module page, but the 8 triangle buttons down the side of the launchpad could select the category. Maybe pressing them once would insert at the bottom, twice would insert at the top and three times for no wires?

I don't feel like I'm super smart and I think if the Numerology GUI displayed a number next to the modules it would be pretty easy to work with. CV Processing has the most modules (18) and it would only take 2 rows or columns(depending on the orientation) and 2 additional blocks. If you wanted say module ten, you go 2 blocks in to the second column/row. If you wanted 15 you'd go 1 in on the end of the second column or row. Haha, funtime maths!

Alternating colors every 4 blocks so it went green, yellow, red might make it even easier?

I dunno, I just like the idea of being able to switch stacks by clicking with my track pad and then BLAM insert some modules by tapping on the launchpad.

Comment

Hi Jonas!

Yes Blam! is good. It sounds like you've thought this through pretty throughly. Inserting the modules like you describe could be really cool.

I'm getting into using the Maschine after a looong break, and it's quite nice to see how a different angle on remote control is handled.

Then just real time control using pedals knobs , pitch bend, aftertouch fills things out quite nicely.

I would also like a FADER FOX for faders and I and I'm pretty well set, a breath controller like the yamaha BC1 over whatever could be nice too. Finally eye control of parameters knee control. Head but control of percussion. hmm

A volume pedal inserted is on the list.

I've got a pad master control and 7 pads.

Six Ipads linked into the matrix.

I'll have to go over to the neighbourhood preschool to borrow some children to do some pounding and switching of synths and effects and drums as it appears I've run out of hands...

Wade

Comment

So I got myself a Launchpad.

Had time only for a couple of quick jams... but I'm already absolutely delighted. Thank you so much for the support, the new possibilities in my musical world are mindblowing!

Comment

Originally posted by CF3 View Post
            Gotta report on a custom Numerology StyleFlip skin for the LaunchPad....

I had one made and received it today. The design was the basic "sticker" layout that Jim made on a black back round. It's basically a big vinyl sticker. While the design came "ok", the cutout pattern (the holes) was off bigtime. I ended up taking the faceplate off the LP and trimming back some of the vinyl with an exacto knife. The dimensions were all off. The editing buttons being the worst offenders. I managed to get it on and it looks alright, but that was after some heavy modifying. Even the graphics were slightly off. The little dots that indicate which editing functions all are different colors. For the cost of one of these things I'd stick with(no pun intended) the label paper route. Live and Learn.
            UPDATE: Well after receiving the overlay that was subpar I emailed them and told them that the hole pattern was off. Out of nowhere I got another overlay in the mail the other day. MUCH improved! This one looks way better. I can confirm this one actually fits. Accidents happen I guess, it was nice of StyleFlip to step up and correct the situation. I can now recommend this template.
            Would upload a pic if I could figure out how to do attachments If you're interested in one, PM me and I'll hit you with my email.

Comment

UPDATE: Well after receiving the overlay that was subpar I emailed them and told them that the hole pattern was off. Out of nowhere I got another overlay in the mail the other day. MUCH improved! This one looks way better. I can confirm this one actually fits. Accidents happen I guess, it was nice of StyleFlip to step up and correct the situation. I can now recommend this template.
              Excellent, thanks for the update. I just ordered my 2nd Launchpad (so I can stop bumming off other Numerology users in New Mexico... , so I should consider getting a nicer template...

Would upload a pic if I could figure out how to do attachments If you're interested in one, PM me and I'll hit you with my email.
              In order for you to be able to upload files (images and otherwise), I need to bump you up a user level, which I have just done.

Cheers,
              Jim

Comment

Much thanks for the bump Jim... First pic is with a piece of paper in the background so you can actually see it. Second one is not "stuck on" the LP, just testing to see if the holes lined up. Not the best pictures ever...taken with iphone
                Attached Files

Comment

Hey that is great!
                  Will buy a Launchpad next week. Will need this layer.

How wiil I send it to style flip?

Cheers,
                  Tilman

Comment

Originally posted by tilman View Post
                    Hey that is great!
                    Will buy a Launchpad next week. Will need this layer.

How wiil I send it to style flip?

Cheers,
                    Tilman
                    I requested that StyleFlip send me the design. Haven't heard back yet. Ultimately I'd like to just post the design here and people could do what they want with it. Still some room on there to maybe put some the functions of the ChordSeq or other stuff. When I get a response I'll post it here. If you're seriously interested contact them directly.... might get the ball rolling

Comment

just wrote a message to style flip....
                      I will report back.

cheers,
                      Tilman

Comment

just wrote a message to style flip....
                        I will report back.

cheers,
                        Tilman
                        Let me know how that goes. Actually, I should email them to see if I can send in a high-rez PNG or PDF...

Cheers,
                        Jim

Comment

Hey Jim I did not receive any reply until now. maybe I'll wait a little longer until you sent them your high-resolution version this would be great!

Cheers,
                          Tilman

Comment

Short question:
                            Is there a way to edit control change values on the launchpad.
                            For example filter cutoff from a synth.

CanĀ“t find this...

cheers,
                            Tilman

Comment

Short question:
                              Is there a way to edit control change values on the launchpad.
                              For example filter cutoff from a synth.
                              Not yet -- the Launchpad doesn't work so well for continuous values so it hasn't been a high priority. But I do plan to add support for the FaderBox and ButtonBox modules.

Cheers,
                              Jim

Comment

Well I used the launchpad with Numerology live a couple of times now... I absolutely love it. Definitely looking forward to expanding on its use too.

Would there be a way on the drum sequencer to make the buttons on the 2nd page (channels 5-8) a different colour from the first (1-4)?

When I'm flying around pages live I can lose track of which page I'm looking at when I go back into the drum sequencer page. If there was a way of using different colours it'd definitely help me out... nothing more embarrasing than laying down a big 4 on the floor conga when it's meant to be a kick!!

Comment

Working...
                                X