N4 and Launchpad Mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N4 and Launchpad Mini

I've recently purchased a Launchapd Mini, and I've watched the tutorial videos about how to use the Launchpad with N2.3, which mention some magic button combinations for starting/stopping playback, and for duplicating presets.

I've tried these combinations with N4, but they don't appear to work. Have they been removed in N4, or do they just not work with the Launchpad Mini?

Thanks,
    Tony

They've changed a bit:

rack edit + Presets : snapshot preset
    rack edit + scene 1 (top-most) : start/stop
    rack edit + scene 8 (bottom-most) : rta rec on/off

… I've made a note to update the doc...

Cheers,
    Jim

Comment

Thanks, Jim!

Tony

Comment

hey jim,

is there a link with updated stickers for version 4?

Comment

Here they are… (And I've made a note to add them to the Doc…)

Cheers,
          Jim
          Attached Files

Comment

thank you so much!

Comment

launchpad mini/numerology labels

Hey sequence freaks,
              As a natural born tinkerer, i've created my personal mini launchpad labels. They are based upon the Num3 layout so not complete.
              Ofcourse, you can download it and add/delete some extra texts in photoshop or gimp. If you do that, please send me a download link. It costed me half a day of work so if yr planning on making money with it, send me an e-mail with a business proposal please. Anyway, here's the download link; https://www.dropbox.com/s/azweikued9...d.pdf.zip?dl=0

I know it's not perfect, if you can do better, do it and send me a copy!!!

Comment

Nice -- thanks for sharing!!

Cheers,
                Jim

Comment

Picked up an end of model clearance Mini MkII which arrived today. Only a decade late to the party!!

Couple of things which caught me out as a Launchpad newbie...
                  When setting up the Mini Mk II in Controller Setup use "Launchpad" rather than "Launchpad MkII".

The Launchpad appears to be configured to Low Power mode from the factory so LEDs are quite dim.
                  I noticed after a couple of power ups that the lower right of grid displayed "L" at startup. This is an indicator of the power mode,

The attached "Advanced Features" pdf for Lauchpad S and Mini explains how to change the brightness.
                  Attached Files

Comment

LP Mini MkII stickers based on the Novation sticker design.
                    These layouts have been drawn from scratch with following executions:
                    - vector Five12 logo was extracted from the Vector Sequencer manual
                    - Cog, Play and Stop icons are from Font Awesome site.

The sticker is black and white - I've hand coloured mine with Sharpies.
                    Pretty rudimentary but works well enough.

Mixer mode meta functions [Vol, Pan, Aux] are in a slightly smaller font to distinguish them from the Edit mode.

Stickers.jpg
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X