No announcement yet.

Max for Live!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a LiSA mailing list somewhere on the net, but I don't have a link handy. Interestingly enough, two of the most advanced LiSA users are in New Mexico, but I haven't spoken to them about it in quite a while.

FYI: Expert Sleepers' Crossfade Loop Synth can do live sampling when run as an effect. I like to use it to confuse a guitar-player friend of mine...

Cheers,
    Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jim View Post
      FYI: Expert Sleepers' Crossfade Loop Synth can do live sampling when run as an effect.
      That's a plugin I love too! Used it in combination with a step sequencer in Bidule to build a prototype of my live sampling instrument idea "Steppohonic Looperformer". Presentation and sound clips here: http://www.perboysen.com/archives/711
      Best wishes
      Per Boysen
      perboysen.com
      soundcloud.com/pboy

Comment

Originally posted by jim View Post
        There is a LiSA mailing list somewhere on the net, but I don't have a link handy.
        Here you go: http://lists.steim.org/mailman/listinfo/lisa

Comment

I had a chance to play with LiSa for a few days once on a friend's system, it is great. More people should diverge from the old paradigm of copying traditional hardware samplers/ROMplers.

As for Max for Live... It puzzles me like the Numerology AU - why would anybody embed a more powerful application inside a less powerful one? I really don't understand it.

Comment

I'll take that as a compliment!

As for the "why" part, it has to do with integration...

Cheers,
            Jim

Comment

extremely late to this, but surely the worst thing about m4l was that it meant no more pluggo for us non-live users

have always wanted to try lisa but mainly for the weird buffer fuckery stuff...

i believe jim o'rourke was a big fan back in the early 00s

Comment

Working...
              X