X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N4 Apple Silicon Build feedback

as per this thread:

https://forum.five12.net/forum/five1...-apple-silicon

i'm unable to post replies in that thread so started a new one.

so far so good. on Monterey 12.3 and M1 Max macbook pro. it does ask for my password every time i launch it though. all my old and current N4 pro projects are working fine. seems solid so far. will post more feedback here as i go.
    http://www.ignatiusmusic.com/

Thanks for the feedback! I'll definitely be looking into the installation issues. See the forum post for a way to avoid having to re-enter your password on each startup.

Jim

Comment

Working here on a MacBook Air M1 ()loads with Kontakt and VS). Good work! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ignatius View Post
        as per this thread:

i'm unable to post replies in that thread so started a new one.

so far so good. on Monterey 12.3 and M1 Max macbook pro. it does ask for my password every time i launch it though. all my old and current N4 pro projects are working fine. seems solid so far. will post more feedback here as i go.
        So far so good for me too

Comment

Originally posted by jim View Post
          Thanks for the feedback! I'll definitely be looking into the installation issues. See the forum post for a way to avoid having to re-enter your password on each startup.

Jim
          oh ok.. i'l search for that. anyone have a link to it or know where i should look for that post?

Comment

Originally posted by ignatius View Post

oh ok.. i'l search for that. anyone have a link to it or know where i should look for that post?
            I cannot find it on the Forum. I am following since I would like to solve that in a certain futur .

Comment

Originally posted by Aramis View Post

I cannot find it on the Forum. I am following since I would like to solve that in a certain futur .
              i think it's this thread:

https://forum.five12.net/forum/numer...wants-password

but it doesn't quite work that way. starting numerology holding control doesn't bring up a "Confirm Debug Mode" prompt. however, i followed the "contact Five12" part of it and sent in the request to jim who will have to look at the data sent along w/the contact and figure out what's going on.

anyway.. i think that's the relevant thread. i couldn't find another one that was relevant.

Comment

Hi guys,

For some reason the forum software didn't save my 'known issues' text for the main post properly. It is now been restored:

It includes tips on how to avoid the admin password issue and how to install the AUMX plugin.

Cheers,
                Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jim View Post
                  Hi guys,

For some reason the forum software didn't save my 'known issues' text for the main post properly. It is now been restored:

It includes tips on how to avoid the admin password issue and how to install the AUMX plugin.

Cheers,
                  Jim
                  Good morning Jim,

Here is my situation prior to Numerology 4.4 build 220 on my MacBook Pro M1-Max

I got Numerology Pro 4.3 build 204 running ok in Rosetta even with Rewire

Then I did what you recommend for the password issu using Numerology 4.4 build 220 and it does not get rid of it for me here ?

Also, I was hoping the new Numerology 4.4 would still work for Rewire since we still have Rosetta in Monterey

Thank you and have a good day

Comment

I tried all of the solutions in the original thread but still get a prompt for admin password every launch.

Prior to manually deleting the old AU components ReWire worked fine.
                    After deleting them and trying to reinstall through Numerology's prefs pane, I get an error popup that the ReWire driver is no longer compatible and to reinstall it.
                    Here, if I've already started a ReWire host (cf Live), the UI for Numerology doesn't initialize after closing the modal.

I tried to reinstall the plugins through prefs as instructed in the modal, but it doesn't seem to stick / work for ReWire or AU.
                    AU and ReWire installations through prefs both ask for admin password twice (as opposed to once for VST), and neither of them show as "installed" afterwards (this is starting with all of the plugins being manually removed).
                    VST plugin installs no problem.

Moving the old plugins back seems to fix the ReWire issue, but still getting admin password on launch.

As I'm crutching on ReWire for the moment I've stepped back to the old version.
                    I still have a lot of plugins that aren't M1 compatible yet so Rosetta seems the way for me, for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by nreeves View Post
                      I tried all of the solutions in the original thread but still get a prompt for admin password every launch.

Prior to manually deleting the old AU components ReWire worked fine.
                      After deleting them and trying to reinstall through Numerology's prefs pane, I get an error popup that the ReWire driver is no longer compatible and to reinstall it.
                      Here, if I've already started a ReWire host (cf Live), the UI for Numerology doesn't initialize after closing the modal.

I tried to reinstall the plugins through prefs as instructed in the modal, but it doesn't seem to stick / work for ReWire or AU.
                      AU and ReWire installations through prefs both ask for admin password twice (as opposed to once for VST), and neither of them show as "installed" afterwards (this is starting with all of the plugins being manually removed).
                      VST plugin installs no problem.

Moving the old plugins back seems to fix the ReWire issue, but still getting admin password on launch.

As I'm crutching on ReWire for the moment I've stepped back to the old version.
                      I still have a lot of plugins that aren't M1 compatible yet so Rosetta seems the way for me, for the time being.
                      I am following diligently ;-)

Comment

Oh yeah, I'm on a 16" M1 Max 12.2.1, and... it's probably a miracle that my system runs at all, I've been migrating the same install since 2008 (MP).
                        Will give it a run on my freshy M1 Air this week and see how it fares.

Comment

Originally posted by Aramis View Post

Good morning Jim,

Here is my situation prior to Numerology 4.4 build 220 on my MacBook Pro M1-Max

I got Numerology Pro 4.3 build 204 running ok in Rosetta even with Rewire

Then I did what you recommend for the password issu using Numerology 4.4 build 220 and it does not get rid of it for me here ?

Also, I was hoping the new Numerology 4.4 would still work for Rewire since we still have Rosetta in Monterey

Thank you and have a good day

If you're still using ReWire, I definitely recommend sticking with the 4.3 builds for now. I'll be working on
                          the plugin installation issues this week.

Cheers,
                          Jim

Comment

the AU of the plug i installed automagically for me. i didn't have to extract it from the app etc. it updated all on its own.

edit: i did have to extract the AUMX component and install it manually though.
                            Last edited by ignatius; Yesterday, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X