Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any news about Numerology 5.0 or Numerology M1 native possibly ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aye, rock-solid so far.

Session this morning with a combination of modulated AU synths + fx in Numerology fed into m4l and vst fx in Live.
    No hiccups, no crashes.

Anecdotally, performance is noticeably better than my '18 MBP (6-core 2.9Ghz, 32gb, w/Vega64 8gb eGPU).
    That’s while being more than a pound lighter, with no fan noise, no heat, and what feels like twice the battery (enough I don't have to think about it).
    Numerology starts instantly, and I've more headroom building chains.
    Very impressed.

Only Numerology issue so far is AU windows open behind the main panel.
    Only plugin I’m missing moving to Big Sur is Ohmicide, which seems to be having a UI draw issue.

Comment

Originally posted by nreeves View Post
      Aye, rock-solid so far.

Session this morning with a combination of modulated AU synths + fx in Numerology fed into m4l and vst fx in Live.
      No hiccups, no crashes.

Anecdotally, performance is noticeably better than my '18 MBP (6-core 2.9Ghz, 32gb, w/Vega64 8gb eGPU).
      That’s while being more than a pound lighter, with no fan noise, no heat, and what feels like twice the battery (enough I don't have to think about it).
      Very impressed.

Only plugin I’m missing moving to Big Sur is Ohmicide, which seems to be having a UI draw issue.
      Thank you very much for the feedback

Comment

yw : ) I'll update here if I encounter anything odd

Comment

Originally posted by nreeves View Post
          Aye, rock-solid so far.

No hiccups, no crashes.

Very impressed.

wow. that's great to hear. i have the same model 2018 MBP... which i'll keep using until it dies i think but nice to know the early model M1 is smoking it already.
          http://www.ignatiusmusic.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ignatius View Post

wow. that's great to hear. i have the same model 2018 MBP... which i'll keep using until it dies i think but nice to know the early model M1 is smoking it already.
            Same, will keep this one locked at 10.15.7
            Exciting times when a 0spec Air is competitive

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
              I am interested too. Does Numerology actually run on Big Sur. I don't want to update until I know.
              No problems using BigSur here on a '17 iMac i7..

Comment

To piggyback on this question...is there somewhere that Jim has made any statement about the future of Numerology? I'd love to plunk down for V4, with the possibility of getting V5, but with V4 being several years old already, I'm a little concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by questionable View Post
                  To piggyback on this question...is there somewhere that Jim has made any statement about the future of Numerology? I'd love to plunk down for V4, with the possibility of getting V5, but with V4 being several years old already, I'm a little concerned.
                  there's a couple threads he's talked about v5 .. mostly this one

https://forum.five12.net/forum/five1...t-announcement

Comment

Thanks for that. I hope that we see a new version. I REALLY love working with Numerology.

Jim: I hope that you're taking the persistent nagging of your customers in the right light. Your software is desirable! That's the best type of problem to have!

Comment

Just adding my voice to say I’m happy to wait for N5 and will happily pay. I’m sure there’s been more than anticipated demand for the Vector. Every time I come back to N4 I am reminded of what a great program it is for just making music. I especially love using it for beat programming.

Comment

so, just checking in on big sur w/N4 build 200. are things generally still solid on big sur? i'm thinking about updating to big sur on my macbook pro.

edit: so, went for it. install no problem.. so far so good w/all my relevant software. so that's good. N4 pro working fine.
                        Last edited by ignatius; 06-09-2021, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X