Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numerology (still in demo mode) not showing up in Ableton 10

*FIX BELOW*
    I am REALLY making use of the whole "no foolish questions" motto here I know. I installed Numerology Pro first. Then read up on it and realized I didn't need it. I then downloaded and installed N4SE. Install went fine and I see the plugin in the correct folder but it is not showing up in the plugins area of Live. Yes, I selected the options to use VST and AU plugins and everything else in the folder reads as normal. Should I reinstall? Is there an uninstall procedure I should go through to ensure a clean removal?

Thanks to the community and apologies for the 101 questions, I just really want to try this out to see if I can get it to work.
    Last edited by SamForce; 06-24-2020, 01:31 PM.

Here are the quick instructions for a full de-install:
    - quit all music apps.
    - Delete the N4 plugins in /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components and /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST
    - Delete the ReWire driver in /Library/Application Support/PropellerheadSoftware/ReWire
    - Delete <your home dir>/Music/Five12
    - Delete prefs: <your home dir>/Library/Preferences/com.five12.Numerology4.plist (option-click the 'Go' menu in Finder to navigate to the Library folder)
    - Delete the app.

When you re-instal, be sure to use the latest Catalina-compatible build:
    https://forum.five12.net/forum/five1...ed-13-jun-2020

Cheers,
    Jim

Comment

Steps completed, uninstalled and reinstalled with linked version. I am running High Sierra so I am within the version range. Should Numerology show in the AU and/or VST plugin dropdown or is it accessed another way? I can see Numerology4RW as an audio from choice now but that is it, nothing in the plugins menu. Live version 10.1.4

EDIT: Got it! I had to deselect the VST2 use and then reselect it to force Live to rescan for new plugins. YES, off to experiment!
      Last edited by SamForce; 06-24-2020, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Just the VST should appear for Ableton. Make sure it is running in 64 bit mode, and that you have turned on "Use VST2 Plug-In System Folders". Also, the Rescan function often doesn't work. What does is to turn OFF the VST2 System Folder option, then turn it back on.

Comment

You know your stuff! This exact thing was needed and I had totally just trusted the rescan on the first install. Now I am ready to get into it, thanks so much for the help and making this powerful tool Jim.

Comment

Working...
          X