Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Closing laptop screen keep running with caffeine app

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Closing laptop screen keep running with caffeine app

    Not sure why this http://lightheadsw.com/caffeine/ doesn't seem to work when launchpads are attached. Is there a way to close your laptop and just have midi controllers running. I know I can just not look at my screen but it would still be nice to close her up.
    Maybe the controllers ( launch pad and control ) go to sleep because the usb sleeps???

  • #2
    Originally posted by resist View Post
    Maybe the controllers ( launch pad and control ) go to sleep because the usb sleeps???
    ... probably it is something like that. Power management on Macs is some pretty tweaky low-level stuff, esp. when using audio software which has special requirements both for CPU, Disk and USB...

    Jim

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by resist View Post
      Not sure why this http://lightheadsw.com/caffeine/ doesn't seem to work when launchpads are attached. Is there a way to close your laptop and just have midi controllers running. I know I can just not look at my screen but it would still be nice to close her up.
      Maybe the controllers ( launch pad and control ) go to sleep because the usb sleeps???
      I just tried:https://code.google.com/p/macosx-nosleep-extension/

      with N4 and a Launchpad and it works great.

      If you use Yosemite, you'll want to make sure to download the newest version here: https://github.com/integralpro/nosle...ses/tag/v1.4.0
      Last edited by renderful; 12-14-2014, 11:23 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by renderful View Post
        I just tried:https://code.google.com/p/macosx-nosleep-extension/

        with N4 and a Launchpad and it works great.

        If you use Yosemite, you'll want to make sure to download the newest version here: https://github.com/integralpro/nosle...ses/tag/v1.4.0
        thanks Ill give that a try

        Comment

        Working...
        X