Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More videos please?

Hi Jim & co ->
    Just a request from a new user for some more tutorials, this is a complex beast of a program that can do so much.

I wish.....
    There were a few basic building/explaining videos,
    like - today we are going to build a basic XXXXX project - here is how we do it, here is what we can do to manipulate modules to change interactions between certain aspects, interaction with midi inputs, VI's, external harware - etc etc.

Not all of us are programming geniuses.
    In my case - this is so...

The vid's that exist are great, they show what things do, - but more info on getting interaction going between modules, the possibilities that can evolve from certain setups etc, would be awesome if poss !!!

My 2c
    Numerology is amazing -> nothing compares!

Here Here, more videos would be great

Comment

afaik, Jim is working on those if i'm not mistaken.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/33Tetragammon
      Music: https://33tetragammon.bandcamp.com/releases

Comment

Yup -- will be starting on them later this week...

Jim

Comment

Great news!

Comment

Bring them on!

Comment

Any news on the new vid's Jim?

Comment

That's on the top of my list for tomorrow -- and all of next week. Admittedly I've been procrastinating a bit... meanwhile, don't hesitate to ask for anything specific...

Also, for some weekend entertainment:
                http://www.five12.net/showthread.php?p=13324#post13324

Jim

Comment

Hi Jim -
                  I'm hoping that the video's are more on the creative discovery path.
                  I think the thing that sets Numerology apart from all other platforms is its creative advantages that nothing else comes near.
                  Max does - if you are into being a programming nerd, but some of us are more musically driven - and I believe a lot of creative musicians have been drawn to Numerology, as you have taken the nerdy part away by building amazing modules that can run independent timings, lengths, LFO's / scales randomness etc etc.

EG : lets build a setup that has multiple modules interacting with each other - based on the input from the users midi playing - or midi files - including modules interacting with samples , multiple timings , self regenerating setups etc etc.

Another instance - I am interested in having a pitch to midi convertor pre Numerology (The Mouth etc) so that I can play or sing and Numerology reacts to the incoming midi notes that have been taken from the ideas I happen to play (or pre existing audio) - then the output of numerology can then be routed again to another pitch to midi convertor and fed back to another Numerology set-up on another laptop.
                  Having 2 Numerology setups playing off each other - both being fed improvisations / or pre recorded audio from a multitrack session.

What we then have is a much more creative set of tools, multiple modules and saved setups that can interact - creating new ideas and discoveries.

This is what I hope the videos can peer into, and during the how to build these setups and explanations of what they can do to interact with each other, we learn how to customize Numerology, and become experts driven by our creative ideas - and the nerdy part of our brains take more of a back seat.
                  Would be great...

Comment

That is the plan -- that all videos, as much as possible, show Numerology techniques in a useful musical context. I've got 3 ready to edit, though I may re-record one of them. There will be a mix with some videos more focused on a specific feature ("add modulation"), and others that are targeted to a specific musical task ("build a generative drum patch").

Cheers,
                    Jim

Comment

That is awesome news Jim!
                      Thanks and huge respect!

Comment

I wish Jim would introduce a youtube channel, dedicated to explaining Numerology by means of video tuts.

Comment

I'll keep that in mind… I was sidelined by the holidays and all, but now back on track!

Jim

Comment

Working...
                          X