Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N4 Folder is not where it is meant to be

New to N4,
    Installed N3+4 - without moving any folders.
    I have just downloaded a bunch of Stacks, Projects & Drumkits from here.
    Notes generally say:
    Place in
    ~/Library/Application Support/Five12/Numerology/ModulePresets/DrumKits/

Then - when i go to:~/Library/Application Support/Five12/Numerology - there are no folders within the Numerology folder.

But - there is another Five12 folder in my Music folder - where all of the Modules/stacks etc etc folders reside.
    (The Music folder is where my Itunes library resides)

So - Where should everything be?
    Can I move this five12 folder (in my Music folder) to where it should be:
    Library/Application Support/Five12/Numerology etc etc.

Would like to make sure everything is in the right place - and not move anything that shouldn't
    I'm on OSX 10.6.8

Would appreciate help knowing the correct place for all N4 stuff to reside
    Thanks
    ChristopherT

proper place is now ~/Music/Five12 etc

quite a few music applications have started moving their data to this location, I think because ~/Library/Application Support is hidden to users by default, so its easier for 'joe bloggs' to find it in ~/Music.

so no, don't move it, not sure it will work if you do… but worst when you update N4 next time, it will put it back in ~/Music
    TheTechnobear
    Last edited by TheTechnobear; 10-24-2014, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Thanks again - yes it seems by the created dates on these folders, that N3 placed them in the Application support folder - and N4 loaded them after upgrading to the music folder.

Ive trashed the older version - and N4 all seems to run fine.
      I was concerned there may be some future conflict - or confusion on my behalf, if I had identical folders in 2 different locations.

Once again - Technobear to the rescue!
      Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by ChristopherT View Post
        Thanks again - yes it seems by the created dates on these folders, that N3 placed them in the Application support folder - and N4 loaded them after upgrading to the music folder.

Ive trashed the older version - and N4 all seems to run fine.
        I was concerned there may be some future conflict - or confusion on my behalf, if I had identical folders in 2 different locations.
        The proper place is indeed ~/Music/Five12. I'll update the posts on the forum, and have made a note to explain the new layout in the manual.

As Technobear suggested, the reason is that Apple is both hiding the ~/Library folder, and steadily locking-down permissions on the main /Library/Application Support dir. *sigh* ...

Originally posted by ChristopherT View Post
        Once again - Technobear to the rescue!
        Cheers!
        Yup, thanks again!!

Jim

Comment

Working...
        X