Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corrupted main mix recording: recoverable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrupted main mix recording: recoverable?

So I (very happily!) used N4 (build 141) for a gig last weekend and recorded the main mix channel. After my set I did not unclick the record button on the main channel but I did stop the transport before closing N4.

The resultant recording seems to be corrupted, though. I've tried loading it into Audacity as raw data using various data options related to my chosen recording format - 24 bit, AIFF - but with no success. Does anyone have suggestions on what could have gone wrong, or whether the recording can be recovered in any way?

Two quick questions:

- Does it play in the Finder if you hit the space bar?

- How big is the file in bytes?

Thanks,
    Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jim View Post
      - Does it play in the Finder if you hit the space bar?

- How big is the file in bytes?
      - Nope, doesn't play in Finder with QuickLook. Every program tried reports the file as being corrupt so possibly the AIFF header has been scrambled.

- File size is 744534016 bytes, ~710 MB.

Comment

Ayah, so I just ran good old soxi against the file and, after a really long wait, it successfully reported its type as stereo, 44100 Hz, 24-bit signed integer PCM!

A quick re-run of the core sox tool to convert the file to WAV and it's now fully playable, happily identifiable and usable by all my other tools, etc. Shows why sox is the Leatherman of digital audio tools, I guess!

Comment

Working...
        X