Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of questions.

Hello,

I'm just trying the demo, having finally moved to a Mac and able to get some Numerology going

However, I'm stuck on a couple of points.

1) Is there any way to automate fading the volume of a stack up/down within the timeline ? I'd like to be able to fade a stack preset in or out at set points in time.

2) I can use the menu to add a modulation, but is there any way if I have an LFO or other modulation in the stack, to add a parameter that it should control ? For instance, if I have a dual-LFO, it would be nice to be able to add additional parameters in AUs to the same modulation.

Update: I can achieve the same thing I want in (2) by adding a ParamMod, and assigning the CV out from the Dual-LFO to the ParamMod which is then setup for the appropriate AU. However, I'd still need one of these ParamMod's for every two parameters I want to affect ?

Thanks.
    Last edited by koalaboy; 12-10-2008, 09:33 AM. Reason: Further investigation.

Originally posted by koalaboy View Post
    Hello,

I'm just trying the demo, having finally moved to a Mac and able to get some Numerology going

However, I'm stuck on a couple of points.

1) Is there any way to automate fading the volume of a stack up/down within the timeline ? I'd like to be able to fade a stack preset in or out at set points in time.
    how about using another stack in which a CD seq controls the volume of stack you want to fade .... not is not directly in the timeline but an inter-stack modulation.

2) I can use the menu to add a modulation, but is there any way if I have an LFO or other modulation in the stack, to add a parameter that it should control ? For instance, if I have a dual-LFO, it would be nice to be able to add additional parameters in AUs to the same modulation.
    parammod module connected to that LFO? Just a guess

hope that helps

best

Comment

Not yet, but I'll take that as a feature request. You can pretty easily use the ModulationSeq to setup an automation curve:

- Add ParamMod to the volume of the stack with a ModulationSeq as the CV source (right-click on the volume slider in the StackOut module, choose "add modulation", etc...)

- Adjust the steps of the Modulation seq for each stack preset based on whether you want a fade in a fade out, or both. Adjust the length of the Modulation seq to match each preset as you see fit.

Hmmm, I think this could be a pretty good Techniques video....

Update: I can achieve the same thing I want in (2) by adding a ParamMod, and assigning the CV out from the Dual-LFO to the ParamMod which is then setup for the appropriate AU. However, I'd still need one of these ParamMod's for every two parameters I want to affect ?
      That is correct -- ParamMod only affects one param at a time. Well, two if you count both the 'voices' in the ParamMod module.

Cheers,
      Jim

Comment

Thanks for the replies, Steff and Jim.

I'll give them a shot in the morning, when my brain is working a bit better.

The volume one is the biggest need for me, as I quite often want sequences fading in and out over time. Think of basic channel volume automation in other sequencers.

Hopefully I should be able to spend a lot more time over the next couple of days with the demo

Comment

VCA simulation with Audio Feedback Assist

Hello

I also wanted to be able to fade a stack in or out at set points in time and asked Jim for a VCA a few days ago.
          He gave me a tip to use the level controls on the AudioFeedbackAssist module.
          And thats nice!
          You can use the FaderBox for manual manipulation or take the Envelope trigered by a GateSeq in time.

PLease see enclosed example.
          Please be shure to set the output range of the Envelope to 0 as max to avoid clipping.

best
          jue
          Attached Files
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X