Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

using external synth (Doepfer Dark Energy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using external synth (Doepfer Dark Energy)

Hi,

I have been using Numerology for a few months, mainly with soft synths, and love it.

I am having great difficulty using it with the doepfer dark energy, even just for hearing the notes (in the mono sequencer for example), though I have figured it out once or twice...but it takes so long and is so frustrating i usually give up for months!

On top of that, the Dark Energy does not correspond to CC values by the looks of it, it has 4 x CV inputs which I cannot understand from either your manual or the Doepfer one as I must be thick!!

Any help would be appreciated, I sit here and just hear silence when trying to get this to work...lol

I would think you could just select the Dark Energy MIDI interface (if connected via USB) and make sure it's set to receive on Channel 1.

The "CV" inputs are for analog control voltages used for modulating the Dark Energy by means of other Doepfer/eurorack-standard modules or even Silent Way.

Comment

As baltimoroder mentioned, the CV inputs on the Dark Energy are for adding further analog CV modulation, and are not going to correspond to anything Numerology is sending. If you're sending MIDI from one of Numerology's sequencers to it and not hearing anything, I think the trick is to examine each of the knobs and to try to find the most 'neutral' position for each: i.e. turn the filter cutoff all the way up, set the attack rates very low, decay rates medium, sustain all the way up, release in a mid-range, and minimize all modulation -- the goal being to get enough sound to know that the sequence is coming through, then tweaking the knobs to get the sound you want.

Cheers,
      Jim

Comment

Originally posted by psb69 View Post
        Hi,

I have been using Numerology for a few months, mainly with soft synths, and love it.

I am having great difficulty using it with the doepfer dark energy, even just for hearing the notes...I sit here and just hear silence when trying to get this to work...lol
        Might be super obvious, but you are hitting the "learn" button to set the DE to the right MIDI channel, right?

Comment

Working...
        X