Using Numerology AU w/ Live?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Numerology AU w/ Live?

How is it? Any better/easier than using it w/ Logic? I'm going to have a look at moving my DAW stuff from Logic to Live after I finish my current project, wondering what to expect.

Assuming I can get the VST in order (there's always annoying little details), it will be much better -- no MIDI timing or latency issues to deal with.

Cheers,
    Jim

Comment

i love it. i'm actually finding it to be more stable than rewire. i run two instances of the au (saved in live as plug-in presets), one with a drumseq controlling an external synth, the other with a stack of four mononotes controlling 4 voices of another external synth, all controlled by the launchpad, with no issues. for latency, i dial the track delays down to around -20.00 and it's all good.

i was wondering one thing, tho: i'm just running the Outs of the AUs directly to the instruments (which are connected via usb), and monitoring the signal via Audio tracks in Live- is there anything necessarily 'better' about, say, using the External Instrument option in Live, setting the AU outs and the EIs ins to 'Numerology 1' etc? seems like they'd be more 'connected', but it also seems redundant. plus i'm monitoring more than four signals at a time, and there seems to be only four Outs possible coming from Num...

Comment

I often find using the au that it doesnt always start at the beginning of the sequence, even when reset is on, do you ever have this ?

Comment

Yes, one of the pieces I need to hook into the VST properly...

Cheers,
          Jim

Comment

Working...
          X