Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to record automation with a single knob?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to record automation with a single knob?

For example I want to map a single midi knob to control gate for the entire 16 bar pattern. That way I can turn one knob as the pattern plays and Numerology with record it.

Also, is it possible to step record notes without playing the stacks? I want to enter one note after the other without the the sequence looping over and over.

Thanks.

At the left side you have the Gate adjust level which command the gate for the entire sequence. This gate adjust is applied after the gate settings per step.
    Or you can just lear a CC for the first step and select the steps you want to adjust (first one included) to adjust all selected with one knob.

Comment

Originally posted by jonah View Post
      For example I want to map a single midi knob to control gate for the entire 16 bar pattern. That way I can turn one knob as the pattern plays and Numerology with record it.
      As secmast mentioned, you can use the GateAdjust to tweak gate for the entire pattern, but there is no automation recording yet. I have about a half-dozen tasks on the "nights and weekends" plan, and automation is one of them. After 3.1 is out, those tasks will move to the daytime schedule.

Originally posted by jonah View Post
      Also, is it possible to step record notes without playing the stacks? I want to enter one note after the other without the the sequence looping over and over.
      Yes, use "step record" mode. On any NoteSequencer that supports recording, click the "E" button to bring up the "Module Run Mode Settings" dialog. Set the Rec Mode to "Step". In step-record mode, you will see a small line under the current step number. You can use pitch wheel messages (as well as new notes) to move that cursor along.

Cheers,
      Jim

Comment

I like this tip!

I haven't gotten into tweaking midi controller knobs to change parameters in the main pages of the mono note, so when I noticed this post I set about trying it out.

I made a midi to CV conversion from my novation nocturn. routed that into SigProc (without SigProc I couldn't get the values to go below 50% of maximum.)and from there into the paramod, with a destination of mono note and a parameter destination of Gate length, then I used select all. And presto it works.

I like this method over the midi learn of the Gate length dial on the right side of the mono note as I get to see the actual movements of the gates.. I find this is especielly useful if if got a variation in the gate amounts as when I shorten the lengths I can get the notes with shortest lengths to go silent. But it has to be done carefully or the curve of the diffirent values gets flattened out. It seems that with the tweak knob on the right panel of the mono note never quite takes any values down to zero so it doesn't work for this trick.. On the other hand all the gates maintain their retalative positions. Finally using the select function takes an extra step but also opens up other possiblities..

Regards

Wade

Comment

Thanks, I'll have to play with the gate adjust and spend some time building my own. I haven't gotten that deep into Numerology and I'm sure those tips will help a lot!

I can't get step recording to work unless I hit play though. What am I doing wrong?
          Last edited by jonah; 02-06-2011, 03:51 PM.

Comment

You have shared really value able tips which will be helpful for me in adjusting gate and spending time in building my own...

Comment

Working...
            X