X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• irrelevance
    replied
    Hey Wade,

Thanks for the quick reply it's very much appreciated. As with all this stuff experimentation is key but a nudge in the right direction goes a long way. I will have a delve into these modules later tonight and report back.
    Should be fun

Leave a comment:

• TwoToneshuzz
    replied
    Originally posted by irrelevance View Post
    I was messing with a project to control some external midi gear and succesfully setup midi sync and output without issues. Although I love the mononote sequencer for note, gate and velocity control I find the cv out values to be to course and a little difficult to setup. Is there a better way to control send cc's out?
    Not really looking for high resolutioon midi like pitchbend but an easier/smoother programming method like the cv modulation module. I guess what I'm looking for is finer interpolation between step values.

thanks

The mono sends CVs out but they would be pretty course just as raw data.

To control external synths with more smooth resolution, you’ll have to use one/several of the following modules:

Found in CV processing:

paramod module

LFO

Dual LFO

Fader Box (has built in CC generators) don't need CC generator module in this case

XY box (has built in CC generators)same as above

Found in CV sequencers;

Modulation sequencer

Gate sequencer

Connect the CV outputs from you modules to a CC generator module (found in MidiProc)

You could link gate outs on you mono notes to the envlope generator take that output and send it to a miidi CC generator route it out to your synth from there.

I like using LFOs modules connected to CC generator modules, it’s easy to experiment with the Lfos parameters for getting some CC values that work well on your your synths destination parameters, theres a min max value you can set either in the LFo panel or on the CC generator panel. The CC generator has an auto scale button that you should toggle if you not getting values that you need with auto scaling on. The LFO modules have a Trigger input that you could use connected to Gate sequencer if you want that kind of control...

Sometimes you may have to insert a SignalProce or a Scale and Offset module (Found in CV process) to get faders and such to work right..

I guess you could consider the CC gen module as a kind paramod module for external gear.

There’s more to than this short explanation but I hope it gets you started..

Regards

Wade
    Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 02-05-2011, 03:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• irrelevance
    started a topic fine midi modulation output possible?

fine midi modulation output possible?

I was messing with a project to control some external midi gear and succesfully setup midi sync and output without issues. Although I love the mononote sequencer for note, gate and velocity control I find the cv out values to be to course and a little difficult to setup. Is there a better way to control send cc's out?
    Not really looking for high resolutioon midi like pitchbend but an easier/smoother programming method like the cv modulation module. I guess what I'm looking for is finer interpolation between step values.

I actually tried to use this connected to the cc output module but got stuck when it seemed there wasn't a clear destination to control the cc I wanted to control.

example.

I set the cc to 73 the min value to 0 and max to 127 but there doesn't seem to be a parameter the cv modulation module can actually modulate that will send the corresponding cc out to my gear.

Would really appreciate some insight as I'm sure it must be possible.

currently running version 2.3 btw

thanks
    Last edited by irrelevance; 02-05-2011, 02:15 AM. Reason: better explanation
Working...
X