Native iPad app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Native iPad app

How close is a dedicated iOS version of numerology? I have so been enjoying some of the best sequencers of modern times like fugue machine, patterning, and modstep. Either with AU/IAA plugin stuff or using a usb hub and the camera connection kit to sequence hardware - Since buying numerology tho I just keep having to reach for the Lappy because it is the best thing, and it hurts! It would such be such an intuitive thing to use on a tablet.

would love that too!

Comment

Yeah.. I would love an iPad version.. Using the iPad more and more since getting the Pro.
      Already using a few sequencers but would dearly love Numerology as my main iPad sequencer..

Any chance?..

Comment

Originally posted by Chevytraveller View Post
        Yeah.. I would love an iPad version.. Using the iPad more and more since getting the Pro.
        Already using a few sequencers but would dearly love Numerology as my main iPad sequencer..

Any chance?..
        Of course, I would love an iOS Numerology !
        But, I really think it could be a lot of work for Jim to do so!

Comment

Native iPad App

Not to be a naysayer, but if I had a choice between the kind of robust support & updates we get with the Mac version, and splitting resources to make an iOS version, I'd prefer to keep the Mac version going THIS strong.

OTOH, if a second revenue stream is something of interest to Jim.

Comment

Originally posted by stubbsonic View Post
            Not to be a naysayer, but if I had a choice between the kind of robust support & updates we get with the Mac version, and splitting resources to make an iOS version, I'd prefer to keep the Mac version going THIS strong.

OTOH, if a second revenue stream is something of interest to Jim.
            I agree ;-)

Comment

Hi,

While IMO the most important thing is to have stable and usable mac Numerology, I wouldn’t mind having iOS version too.

From time to time I have given an idea about ”Numerology Play”, which might be for iOS but for mac as well. In my opinion it’s reasonable that composing and editing is best done with mac and big screen and all the desktop features along (like the whole file/folder system etc.). But it would be great to play these compositions with an app which is dedicated to playing. With iOS touch screen you could benefit from this interface. Or just hit play and enjoy your patterns...

P.S. In mac this ”Numerology Play” might be of course just a view or mode, not a separate app.
              Last edited by PLaine; 12-16-2017, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Sounds like you are suggesting removing the editing capability, but not the randomization? Otherwise, just have an stereo audio mixdown.

The question of what features to strip out to make an iOS version is kind of interesting. MIDI only would be an obvious one, as you could play lots of nice external instruments.

Comment

iPadOS

now the ipad pro is getting it's very macOS like OS how about revisiting this idea?

Comment

I'm definitely paying attention to what's going on in iPad-land, particularly with the growing set of music apps there, but the current development push is for the desktop.

Cheers,
                    Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jim View Post
                      I'm definitely paying attention to what's going on in iPad-land
                      Happy to beta test if you get it started... good to hear new desktop stuff is happening too...

Comment

Originally posted by leolodreamland View Post
                        Happy to beta test if you get it started... good to hear new desktop stuff is happening too...
                        Cool, so here's a question for you: What iOS apps do you like for music -- and specifically, which ones do you use most frequently.

Cheers,
                        Jim

Comment

Originally posted by leolodreamland View Post
                          Ditto here too. I know you’ve got a lot going on with Numerology and Vector, but I would love to see an iPad version. There’s actually quite the impressive ecosystem of music apps on iOS now. Some really amazing stuff, but weirdly no real comprehensive “step sequencer” per se. For sure there’s a few, but nothing on the level of Numerology.

As far as favorites go... There’s a ton! A few synths are:

Moog Model 15
                          Korg iWavestation (you can load original sysex patches!!!)
                          PPG (anything)
                          SynthScaper
                          iVCS3

Comment

What iOS apps do you like for music -- and specifically, which ones do you use most frequently
                            AUM
                            Enso
                            FieldScaper
                            Borderlands
                            Samplr
                            Sector
                            SoundScaper
                            Fugue Machine
                            Beathawk
                            Ravenscroft
                            ElasticDrums
                            Cyclop
                            Animoog
                            Phosphor 2
                            Virtual ANS 3
                            TwistedWave
                            Looperverse

Comment

Cool, so here's a question for you: What iOS apps do you like for music -- and specifically, which ones do you use most frequently.

Cheers,
                              Jim
                              https://dev.laurentcolson.com/steppolyarp.html
                              I am using it and love it

Comment

Working...
                              X