Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RexPlay module request

Hello,

there are so many REX files available, why not thinking about a RexPlay module. Up to 16 slices each slice with an envelope to set and a notenumber for each slice to trigger it. A main volume at the end.
    Nothing more, because all the other things we could be build up with the numerology modules.

best
    jue
    sigpic

I totally agree with you! But I think it would be better to use the already existent Audio Sample module and upgrade it. I would also add the ability to slice imported wav/aif for the same purpose. This module have a lot of potentiality IMO and should evolve.

Comment

Hmmm, we are on Mac - so why rex and not AppleLops

There is already the free apple loop tool around - I think it is free - in the dev kit? (or did they change that and it is only free for Logic users now?)

Would Drumkit not be a good place to implement it? - a bit like Ableton does with their drumracks?

best

Comment

Originally posted by steff3 View Post
        Hmmm, we are on Mac - so why rex and not AppleLops
        I'll have to do some research, but I seem to remember that there's no easy way to enable playback of them w/o reverse engineering the format. Rex is much easier to get access to (esp. as I'm already listed as a ReWire developer).

And yes, expanding the AudioSample is the way to go -- I'm already making plans for a version that supports multisampling. Extending that to playback a Rex file should be pretty straightforward...

Cheers,
        Jim

Comment

Working...
        X