euclidean algorithm generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• euclidean algorithm generator

referring to that: http://www.five12.net/showthread.php?t=62 but I think this is not supposed to be in 'feature request forum'

just in case somebody is interested:

[I know I should be able to add an image, seems I am not intelligent enough --- maybe somebody can post a tutorial for that? ]

I also found that quite interesting and well, at least to the point I understood it correctly, tried to implement that - obviously not for Num2, but first for Max/MSP (I know, there are probably hundreds already - I wanted to have my own algo) and plan to do a kontakt script.

post here if interested ....

I thought somebody might find that interesting ....

best

EDIT: Max-file is here: http://www.performativespace.com/grap/Euclidean.html
    Maybe some thoughts:
    - needless to say that it might not function correctly, if you encounter anything you think is not right - let me know.
    - So you can generate the pattern and rotate to onsets ... I also have a basic functions for reverse and inverse implement (just send a message 'reverse' or 'inverse' to the external) but it will inverse (0 becomes 1 and v.v.) or reverse (backwards) the original (non rotated) pattern. I am not sure if that is needed and to me, there seems to be a processing order:
    generate -> rotate -> reverse/inverse
    It seems that it does not make sense to rotate the reversed or inversed pattern

I think the help-file and the tags on the input/outputs should explain the external ....

open for thoughts on that.

hope you find it useful

best
    Last edited by steff3; 12-15-2008, 12:31 PM.

euclidean algorithm generator for max/kontakt

hello,

shure I am interesseted in this also on max or kontakt.
    Using max for some MIDI filtering/manipulation/sequencing out of Numerology, made my own Klee sequencer there, till I saw how easy it is to do inside of numerology also.

As Jim is also interessted in those generator types it would be handy to have them included inside of Numerology without all the aditional IAC stuff in and out.

best
    jue
    sigpic

Comment

hello,

I updated the algo to fully support reverse and inverse (at least in the way I think it is useful/logical).

best

Comment

no MIDI out from the MAX file?

Hello,

just to be shure:
        Your generator only shows the rythem?
        No MIDI output?

I have to do it for my self I think.

best
        jue
        sigpic

Comment

well,

at the moment it is just a external with help file.

the external outputs a list and from there you can do what you want - output impulses generated in MSP, visuals in Jitter or MIDI with other Max stuff, or OSC

So, what you do with it, is normally up to you. I might add a MIDI patch, but there are thousands of possibilities - so this might not fit specific needs.

btw I updated the zip - new revision.

hope that helps

best

Comment

first zip tested --> ok

Hello,
            just testet the first zip and it works.
            With the midi I just wanted to know for shure.
            Take the next run now with the new zip.

Thank You
            jue

Still thinking about how we can implement this to a numerology stack,
            make hundreds of GateSeqs with a switches?.......
            The best would be when we would have presets inside of the GateSeq to select from.... what about 256 presets??
            Or make a library of exported GateSeqs each with one setting?
            sigpic

Comment

ok, the zip-file should now also come with a simple MIDI player example.

>>
              just testet the first zip and it works.
              >>
              good to know.

hope that helps

best

Comment

everything works

hello,

had the midiplayer running just wondering why are there two pitches to hear?
                The first beat or something?

still thinking about the GateSeq:

We could have every lenght from 1 to 128 steps,
                we could put every step on and of for a gatestructure,
                we could shift the steps foreward and backward and
                we could run the GateSeq foreward and backward.
                So everything is possible.....

We just have to select....

best
                jue
                sigpic

Comment

Well,

why two pitches - because I wanted it this way just edit the fields (87 120 100 and 85 75 100 or so to your likings)

I think the last version uploaded does not act correctly if you rotate and then choose a new pattern - it will automatically be rotated .... (well, I think it would be better to have it default, is that better?)

about an implementation in Num - well, I would like a NoteSequencer implementation so to say. Where you can define 12 different articulations (like MIDI note, controller values for keyswitching) and where you get to fader rows - one for the articulation and one for the velocity (both are first set to default values)

perosnally I do not think it makes sense to shift steps - I think the shift/rotation should be on onsets ... And the number of steps is set with the n value anyways ....

hope that helps
                  Last edited by steff3; 12-17-2008, 08:43 AM.

Comment

hello,

sorry to say that, but your idea for a implementation to Numerologic is for me a little to static, all the parameters could be set by some Seqs from Numerology beside of the rythem paterns ( Just manually only ).
                    I think a little more about some kind of Patterngenerator like your maxpatch just to get the gates/rythems.
                    Something like the one you could find in the Nord Modular G2.
                    If you want to look, there is a working demo and a manual for download here:
                    http://www.nordkeyboards.com/main.as...mm=Information

Best
                    jue
                    sigpic

Comment

Some very cool stuff guys! I'll definitely keep this in mind when I'm revising the GateSeq, for which I have several new features in mind...

Cheers,
                      Jim

Comment

So, I think I have all stuff now implemented as I wanted it (also updated the zip)

If you have comments or you encounter problems - let me know ...

Hope I will find the time to look into a Kontakt script anytime soon ....

hope someone finds that interesting ...

best

Comment

still thinking how to do an euclidean algorithm

Hello,

just to let you know what Ideas are floading around in my head about sutch a generator:

1. Making a library of hundreds of exported GateSeqs with a lot
                          of euclidean algorithms for import to a new stack.

2. The GateSeq ( like all Seqs ) should have a internal
                          presetsystem that you can save your favorites just within
                          the module.

3. A euclidean algorithm generator just with an output
                          of the gate signal to get the rythem.
                          With a selection of the algorithm,
                          the possibility to reverse and to inverse and to rotate by step.
                          And for shure everything reachable by ParameterMod and differend
                          modes including ┬░step on trigger┬░?!?

best
                          jue
                          sigpic

Comment

Well ...

Kontakt script is coming closer ...

Comment

hello,

is it necessary to explain, that I am very interessted?

best
                              jue

BTW: In the moment working on a tutorial about building up my RythemGenerators step by step in Numerology. Hope to have it on the
                              forum tomorrow.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X