Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Tabla sounds

Corlin here:

I am looking for Free or cheep samples of tabla sounds.
    any ideas?

Tabla Samples here!

Hi Corlin

I have samples from a session that I recorded some time ago. The individual samples (not the loops) are free to use. You get to do the extraction work.
    Email me if your interested for data transfer info.
    Ron Sunsinger

Comment

Ron,
      You're welcome to post them here if you want...

Cheers,
      Jim

Comment

How to Post Samples

Hi Jim,
        I'd love to post some samples but I haven't seen a way to do this yet. I have loads of developed samples.

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by sunsinger View Post
          Hi Jim,
          I'd love to post some samples but I haven't seen a way to do this yet. I have loads of developed samples.

Ron
          I just needed to add you to the "Numerology Users" usergroup -- which means you can now upload files. When making a post, scroll down to the "Additional Options" panel. There you can click on the "manage attachments" button to bring up a window for adding files.

Cheers,
          Jim

Comment

Hi Corlin

I have samples from a session that I recorded some time ago. The individual samples (not the loops) are free to use. You get to do the extraction work.
            Email me if your interested for data transfer info.
            Ron Sunsinger
            Corlin here:
            Well I found some great samples, on some old cd's I had offloaded a few years ago. This is why I need a bigger hard drive. I don't remmeber where I got them. If anyone wants them I can post.
            Thanks to all.

Comment

Lets see if this works!

Corlin,

Here are a few short sections of some tabla expressions played by a world class player. You might notice that while samples are good in some libraries, there is nothing quite like extracting dynamic syllables from a good player or performance. Use these if you want to. These are samples from a warmup,
              so they are played a bit slower and are cleaner samples. But there are some juicy kibbles and bits sprinkled in.

More to follow...
              Attached Files
              Last edited by sunsinger; 12-28-2008, 11:19 PM.

Comment

heres some tabla samples from the OLPC creative commons sound collection...
                the entire library is pretty awesome as well as completely free... and huge...

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sound_samples
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by shamburglar View Post
                  heres some tabla samples from the OLPC creative commons sound collection...
                  the entire library is pretty awesome as well as completely free... and huge...

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sound_samples

Hey.
                  I have checked them.They are awesome man...
                  Thanks for the share...Internet radio
                  Last edited by Swagger; 02-11-2011, 09:25 PM.

Comment

http://www.enchantedcircledrums.com/worldvinyl.html

I've not got it, am not connected with it in any way... but stumbled across it.

Thought I'd post it up as it does seem an extensive collection.

Comment

Corlin,

Here are a few short sections of some tabla expressions played by a world class player. You might notice that while samples are good in some libraries, there is nothing quite like extracting dynamic syllables from a good player or performance. Use these if you want to. These are samples from a warmup,
                      so they are played a bit slower and are cleaner samples. But there are some juicy kibbles and bits sprinkled in.

More to follow...
                      Sunsinger,

I know this is an old post but just wanted to say thank you for posting these great files. Extracting individual samples and loops in Audacity is keeping me very happy!

Comment

Hello,
                        Sorry for digging it up, but I think this might be very useful:
                        http://freesound.org/search/?q=tabla

All the sounds there are under CC license and free to download. This site is a goldmine!

Comment

Working...
                        X