X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cv expansion

Hi all,

Couldn't find a definitive answer so i'll just ask,

Is it possible to expand the number of cv outs with a midi to cv module? all within the 8 part limit of course.

The thing is, if i'll be using the jack expender for chords, that leaves me with "only" 2 more voice outputs.

Also, if i got it right, the chords can use 4 outputs but all 4 will be considered as one part, which will leave me with 3 more free parts. (i plan to use 2 more for drums)

The question is, can i use these spare parts by using a midi to cv module.

Thanks in advance and have a great one

Yes absolutely. I am using a mini Yarns for this.

Comment

Originally posted by steve.turner View Post
      Yes absolutely. I am using a mini Yarns for this.
      Woohoo, thanks Steve. wow, that will let me use one sequencer for the whole system

vector is a monster!!!

now i really want one

Comment

Originally posted by tsope View Post

Woohoo, thanks Steve. wow, that will let me use one sequencer for the whole system

vector is a monster!!!

now i really want one
        What I do is this as an example.
        • Parts 1 - 4 as various mono parts.
        • Part 5 is a Custom Chord part pointing four voices via midi to my Rev2
        • Part 6 is a Custom Chord part pointing four voices via midi to my mini Yarns which then routes via a Klavis Caltrans to 3 OSCs in my Instruo Troika and either a single or multiple envelope generators, depending on what I am doing.
        • Part 7 - 8 are Drum parts with four voices each.

The other thing I use is Elby CGS93 trunking modules in my sequener and percussion case to route drum voices under the modules in a trunk.

And when I expand from 12u to 18u I will get another mini Yarns to enable easy midi to cv handoff and conversion between boats for when all I want to do is send Pitch and CV.

Steve.
        Last edited by steve.turner; 11-14-2021, 12:03 AM.

Comment

What I do is this as an example.
          • Parts 1 - 4 as various mono parts.
          • Part 5 is a Custom Chord part pointing four voices via midi to my Rev2
          • Part 6 is a Custom Chord part pointing four voices via midi to my mini Yarns which then routes via a Klavis Caltrans to 3 OSCs in my Instruo Troika and either a single or multiple envelope generators, depending on what I am doing.
          • Part 7 - 8 are Drum parts with four voices each.

The other thing I use is Elby CGS93 trunking modules in my sequener and percussion case to route drum voices under the modules in a trunk.

And when I expand from 12u to 18u I will get another mini Yarns to enable easy midi to cv handoff and conversion between boats for when all I want to do is send Pitch and CV.

Steve.
          yup, using it as a way to route multiple channels with one midi cable to a second case is a great idea, less spaghetti. it's even better this way, sort of a patch bay in a way

thank you so much for this, nice to know it all work without problems

Comment

Originally posted by tsope View Post

yup, using it as a way to route multiple channels with one midi cable to a second case is a great idea, less spaghetti. it's even better this way, sort of a patch bay in a way

thank you so much for this, nice to know it all work without problems
            Exactly. A mini Yarns is a 6hp investment of space that can really easily become your patch distribution point. They also have MIDI IN and OUT which can act as a through. I will have them both on the middle and upper 6u tiers and have a midi through from the top one to middle one. Jim has also implemented MIDI CHANNEL SPREAD which is very helpful in chord mode if you want to send midi chords that ALWAYS play via a particular pitch and gate pair. For example Ch10 goes to VCO1, Ch11 goes to VCO2, Ch12 goes to VCO3 etc. That was something I actually asked for that Jim did because previously Yarns was distributting the signals whatever way it saw fit. But defining midi channels in midi spread mode makes it all really useable. Good luck and if you have any questions hit me up.

Comment

Exactly. A mini Yarns is a 6hp investment of space that can really easily become your patch distribution point. They also have MIDI IN and OUT which can act as a through. I will have them both on the middle and upper 6u tiers and have a midi through from the top one to middle one. Jim has also implemented MIDI CHANNEL SPREAD which is very helpful in chord mode if you want to send midi chords that ALWAYS play via a particular pitch and gate pair. For example Ch10 goes to VCO1, Ch11 goes to VCO2, Ch12 goes to VCO3 etc. That was something I actually asked for that Jim did because previously Yarns was distributting the signals whatever way it saw fit. But defining midi channels in midi spread mode makes it all really useable. Good luck and if you have any questions hit me up.
              oh, didn't even thought about midi routing, yep some midi to cv modules can be a pain from what i have read. good to know it all been sorted out inside vector, sure will make things easier

ok, seriously gasing right now, hihi

have a great one

Comment

Working...
              X