Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usb connection with hubs

Hi guys,

I have read through the manual and noticed that it is recommended not to use hubs to connect the vector.

I would like the vector to be connected to my studio machine for sequencing and syncing if possible, my other option is to sync over midi.

I have a Mac mini which has two USB ports I would like to keep in operation as they are if possible.

I also have a thunderbolt hub which operates at a very high bandwidth.
    has anyone had any experience connecting via a similar hub with positive results?

There was similar warnings with the Virus Ti over direct usb connection , but I found it worked flawlessly over the thunderbolt connection including audio over usb.

any feedback greatly appreciated !

i have mine on a usb hub because my studio has waay more usb devices than my pc has outputs and i have not found that a problem so far.
    but i have to say that i am not looking too closely on the midi timing here, i am not too concerned about this topic so far, it may run tighter if you use another method of clocking the vector but its fine for me so far so i haven't bothered ;P

Comment

I think that's about how the vector cannot send out so much power? Maybe its best to use a powered usb hub?

Comment

Working...
      X