Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two months with the Vector

Hi all,

So I've been a Vector user for two months now and I love it but I have some questions about performing certain operations. Maybe some of them are not possible and should be feature requests (or.. gasps.. bugs) but I don't pretend to know the full scope of operation right now even if I did RTFM. So I thought about posting everything here in tips & tricks. Let me know if I should post my list somewhere else. I don't do Facebook so I don't have access to the community aside from here.

1- Is there an option to have the screen follow the playhead on parts having more than 8 steps as to see what is going on at all times?

2- Let's say I have a chord part and change the global scale, the notes played change accordingly but the chord name is now wrong (example: it stays minor on the screen even if now playing a major chord). Any way to have the chord names adjust with the global scale and not just the notes played?

3- Is there a "live" or "performance" mode where I can start parts on the next beat instead of just unmuting the part? I guess I'm looking for an Ableton approach to clip (parts) launching and stopping.

4- Any way to restart all parts without first stopping the sequencer? Like a global reset button.

5- Can I specify the range of note generation when using the "Gen" button? Octave #5 is too high most of the time for my use so I always have to bring it down.

6- Can I change the behavior of the "Next" button to wrap around the sequence? Let's say I'm seeing steps 9-16, I always assume pressing next would bring me to 1-8 but I have to remember to push "Prev" instead.

7- Can I change the way encoder 9 chooses the chord modifier? It is counter intuitive for me to have to turn the encoder the opposite way that the cursor is going.

9- Is there any way to generate continuous CV values without having to patch through a slew limiter? I'm using a sub-seq to send values to one of the vel outs but it just hard steps to the next value. Since the number of steps is super limited in sub-seqs, I can't program a smooth ramp from let's say 0 to 50.

10- While on the subject of sub-seqs, is -50 to 50 = -5v to +5v?

Thanks for your time, I hope I'm being dumb and most of those items have a simple answer!
    jm
    Last edited by jmdumas; 05-12-2020, 02:31 PM.

Whatever happened to #8? ;-)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7k...YJeJw/featured

Comment

Originally posted by Automat View Post
      Whatever happened to #8? ;-)
      skip must have been engaged for that step

Comment

Originally posted by jmdumas View Post
        Hi all,

So I've been a Vector user for two months now and I love it but I have some questions about performing certain operations. Maybe some of them are not possible and should be feature requests (or.. gasps.. bugs) but I don't pretend to know the full scope of operation right now even if I did RTFM. So I thought about posting everything here in tips & tricks. Let me know if I should post my list somewhere else. I don't do Facebook so I don't have access to the community aside from here.

1- Is there an option to have the screen follow the playhead on parts having more than 8 steps as to see what is going on at all times?

2- Let's say I have a chord part and change the global scale, the notes played change accordingly but the chord name is now wrong (example: it stays minor on the screen even if now playing a major chord). Any way to have the chord names adjust with the global scale and not just the notes played?

3- Is there a "live" or "performance" mode where I can start parts on the next beat instead of just unmuting the part? I guess I'm looking for an Ableton approach to clip (parts) launching and stopping.

4- Any way to restart all parts without first stopping the sequencer? Like a global reset button.

5- Can I specify the range of note generation when using the "Gen" button? Octave #5 is too high most of the time for my use so I always have to bring it down.

6- Can I change the behavior of the "Next" button to wrap around the sequence? Let's say I'm seeing steps 9-16, I always assume pressing next would bring me to 1-8 but I have to remember to push "Prev" instead.

7- Can I change the way encoder 9 chooses the chord modifier? It is counter intuitive for me to have to turn the encoder the opposite way that the cursor is going.

9- Is there any way to generate continuous CV values without having to patch through a slew limiter? I'm using a sub-seq to send values to one of the vel outs but it just hard steps to the next value. Since the number of steps is super limited in sub-seqs, I can't program a smooth ramp from let's say 0 to 50.

10- While on the subject of sub-seqs, is -50 to 50 = -5v to +5v?

Thanks for your time, I hope I'm being dumb and most of those items have a simple answer!
        jm
        I can help with some of this but not all.

1. No there is not but it would be a great option.
        2. Yeah I see what you are saying so far there is not that feature. Maybe a feature request in that forum? Jim does read those from time to time.
        3. I think that is done through PRESET mode yeah? When you select a PRESET to move to it cues them up and then starts them at the right time dependent on your project setup.
        4. No but great idea especially for sub sequences
        5. Agree, more configuratbility of GEN would be ace. Make a feature request?
        6. Yes I agree next should loop back to 1 if you are at the end of a sequence. Especially annoying if you are in a 3rd or 4th page of a PRESET. Feature request?
        7. You cant change this and oddly there has been debate about this its like first person shooters some people feel the mouse should be inverted vertical.
        9. No there is not without an extermal modulation source which it sounds like you are on top of.
        10. I dont remember that! Good question if you find out please tell me.

Comment

Hi Steve,

Thanks a lot for your reply! Very helpful.

Since most of these seem to be new feature requests, i'll post them there as you suggest.

Comment

Working...
          X