No announcement yet.

Syncing Vector Sequencer with Ableton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syncing Vector Sequencer with Ableton?

Just picked up a Vector Sequencer which I gotta say is pretty amazing. I'm trying to sync it via USB to my computer but I'm having issues. I've read the manual thoroughly but can't seem to figure out whats going wrong.

I've got the vector sequencer hooked up to the computer via USB-B. I've set Vector Sequencers sync to the USB-B port and turned on the sync output port in Ableton for Vector Sequencer.

When I press play in Ableton, Vector Sequencer does indeed see the bpm and reacts to tempo changes. However I'm unable to get the sequencer to start playing.

Even if I press the run button on the Vector Sequencer nothing happens. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Note: I've had no issues syncing other external midi gear including an Intellijel uMidi which is in the same case.

Any ideas on what I'm missing?

I don’t use ableton but another user said this helped. Also must be in pattern mode maybe?

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/ar...-Live-via-MIDI

Comment

Thanks Steve, Jim got back to me last night.

I wanted to share the solution here incase anyone else has this issue as it doesn't seem to be documented anywhere.

The Ableton midi clock has two modes it can run in. Song mode or Pattern mode. Ableton defaults to using Song mode. I've never had to configure this on any of my external USB midi gear (Prophet 6, Peak, Rytm, Intellijel uMidi). However I did need to do this on the Vector Sequencer as it seems to only responds to Pattern mode. Once I set that up everything worked perfectly with rock solid sync.

Thanks to Jim for the help, Vector Sequence is a monster and I'm super happy to have it in my rack!

Comment

EDIT: I was about to say that the Vector lags behind when synced via MIDI, but it's actually, and surprisingly, a problem that originates from a module in my modular. Carry on! User error!
        Last edited by Josker; 05-10-2020, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X