Program Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Program Change

Is it possible to output Program Change messages via the MIDI channels on the Vector?

If not is this something that might be implemented?

Thanks

*edit*
    I’ve seen this has been mentioned in the Features Request thread. So I’ll just add that I’d love to see this implemented if possible.
    Last edited by sashbash; 06-13-2019, 02:55 PM.

I'd like this to be implemented as well (preferably I'd like for parts to have the option to receive programme changes to select presets too).

Comment

Just ordered a Vector, but I'll cast a vote for this as well. I use an Elektron Digitone with my eurorack, and since it doesn't have song mode, it would be nice to switch patterns from the vector with midi PC messages.

Comment

PC messages with the Digitakt/Digitone boxes would be really cool! I have a Digitakt and look forward to hopefully being able to use the Vector for sequencing pattern changes one day. If it works as well as it should, I may end up getting a Digitone also.

Comment

I'm getting the message... big bump for the priority on this one...

Cheers,
          Jim

Comment

Program change per step would be very useful for doing interesting stuff with synths that have patch memory, basically allowing you to use one synth for various different things at different points in the same track.

Comment

So we got Program Change IN, but what about Program Change Out? Is it still an upcoming feature?

Comment

Yes please Program change per step (out) would seriously rock my boat PLEASE

Comment

Ill bump this thread though it's not in the right category it seems..

Anyhow - I'm looking at this sequencer plus expander as a potential buyer, but midi program change is an important one for me - per step would be nice, but per project would work, as I have several modules which accepts this (1010music BitBox, Expert Sleepers General CV and various others).

Comment

Originally posted by Simontl View Post
                    Ill bump this thread though it's not in the right category it seems..

Anyhow - I'm looking at this sequencer plus expander as a potential buyer, but midi program change is an important one for me - per step would be nice, but per project would work, as I have several modules which accepts this (1010music BitBox, Expert Sleepers General CV and various others).
                    Thanks for the feedback! Per-step is highly unlikely at this point, there just isn't enough memory for it. I've been looking at options for per-preset bank and prog change messages.

Cheers,
                    Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jim View Post

Thanks for the feedback! Per-step is highly unlikely at this point, there just isn't enough memory for it. I've been looking at options for per-preset bank and prog change messages.

Cheers,
                      Jim
                      Hey Jim! I bought it, making my baby steps at this moment and I love it already. I am also a Cirklon user, and the immediacy on this thing is great, while still extremely powerful!

Sounds great - I really hope you will implement some kind of midi program change as I am already building up different kits on the bitbox for different projects on the vector! Per preset bank sounds great!

BTW - Expert Sleepers Distings, Make Noise Tempi and Réné, Malekko modules, Mungo modules and many others uses midi program change as well - through the power headers, which are accessible through Expert Sleepers Select Bus Interface for example.
                      Last edited by Simontl; 10-09-2020, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Simontl View Post

Hey Jim! I bought it, making my baby steps at this moment and I love it already. I am also a Cirklon user, and the immediacy on this thing is great, while still extremely powerful!

Sounds great - I really hope you will implement some kind of midi program change as I am already building up different kits on the bitbox for different projects on the vector! Per preset bank sounds great!

BTW - Expert Sleepers Distings, Make Noise Tempi and Réné, Malekko modules, Mungo modules and many others uses midi program change as well - through the power headers, which are accessible through Expert Sleepers Select Bus Interface for example.
                        I would love to be able to send program change to my voltage block (like the wmd metron does) it would be a game changer !

Comment

Does it have to be a pgm change? Vector does also have 3 CC channels per track so could you use a CC value instead of a Pgm Change?

And... I have tried the Midi on Select Bus, it is a good idea but I have found the implementation isn't great. I needed one Midi to Select Bus device for each power bus that i wanted to send messages to. I decided to invest in a good midi controller (mioXM) and the slim trs midi modules (midixo I think).

Comment

+1 , Program Change per Preset (as Jim mentioned in October) would be great. To mr_karlos : I don't think so, unless you have a pretty sophisticated MIDI processor (which could convert CCs to Program Change messages) in between Vector and your synth or drum machine. And that would add latency to your final PC message.

Imagine you're using Vector with a drum machine or sampler whose sequencer you prefer to use for drums. The drum machine can switch patterns with PC messages (and PC messages only), and you want to synchronize its pattern changes with Preset or Scene changes. Vector could drive those synced changes if a PC message could be sent at the start of a Preset. Same goes for MIDI synths' patches, which usually respond to only PC messages.

Comment

Big +1 for Program Change per Preset for me too.

Man i love this sequencer so much. I think adding PC would make it the ultimate sequencer for playing longer sets. Anyway thank you for your amazing work Jim.

Comment

Working...
                              X