Vector Firmware 1.4.9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vector Firmware 1.4.9

This FW has some useful updates to scale quantization routines -- in particular the system now behaves
    much better when you are changing keys and scales on a pattern. There is also a fix related to MIDI
    sync w/ Ableton. (General tip w/ Ableton and sync: Use 'Pattern' mode).

http://files.five12.com/VS-1.4.9/VECTOR.BIN.zip

Cheers,
    Jim

RELEASE NOTES:

- Fixes a problem where PART+WhiteKey would override the current Edit mode.
    - Fixes a scale quantization bug in certain keys/modes that would cause problems when editing pitch values.
    - Fixes an issue w/ USB sync to a computer.

FIRMWARE UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS:

• Download and un-zip the Vector firmware file (VECTOR.BIN.zip).

• Press and hold the Shift button while powering up the Vector to enter USB Disk mode.

• Use a USB ‘A to B’ cable to connect the Vector to your computer. After a few seconds, the SD Card for the Vector will show up as a new disk.

• Unzip VECTOR.BIN.zip. On a Mac, the Finder may do that for you. Do not double-click on VECTOR.BIN, which the Finder will try to de-compress into something not useful.

• Make sure the filename is exactly VECTOR.BIN, and copy it to the root directory of Vector’s SD Card – Delete or move any previous VECTOR.BIN firmware files.

• Now is also a good time to backup your Vector's PROJECT directory.

• Unmount/Eject the Vector’s SD Card from your computer, and power off your eurorack system.

• Hold down the Rec button on the Vector while powering up your system.

• Press NEXT to load the new Firmware, which takes about 20 seconds.

• Verify the Firmware is the correct version in Globals -- first page, 2nd OLED, top-left corner.
    Last edited by jim; 05-05-2020, 04:49 PM.

Thanks Jim! It's so awesome to see these useful updates coming so regularly.

Comment

Hi Jim, Is there now a way (I might have missed it) to progress a modulation track based on pattern lengths or n number of whole notes rather than being constrained to 1,2,4,8,16 or 32 whole notes which don't sync up with say a 6 note pattern? I know I posted this question a long time ago probably on the feature requests but haven't been back to check. I've just updated to 1.4.9. Thanks.

Comment

You can set the length of the sub-sequence, which helps for simple cases (6 note main patterns). I recommend putting in a feature request for more options, say external reset/step trigger, or allow one mod seq to modulate the other. Describing in detail the musical situation helps me chose the most economical solution.

Jim

Comment

I've just updated to 1.4.9 and was hoping it would fix an issue I'd noticed, in that if I play notes in via the built in keyboard or a USB MIDI keyboard, with a scale of D minor, notes I play are transposed, so if I play D I get E, although it works in C minor

Comment

Working...
          X