Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

using Vector as a voltage sequencer with slew?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using Vector as a voltage sequencer with slew?

It looks like the best way to use the Vector as a voltage sequencer right now is simply to use the pitch outs and then if I want to slew from one to the next, I can slew them from the secondary pitch menu. Awhile back, Jim, you had mentioned giving the velocity outs finer gradations. Has that happened in one fo the updates? I don't see a unified version history, so I don't know if that's already happened and I just missed it.

And are there other ways now (or planned) to have more voltage sequencer functionality? Plain old voltage numbers would be helpful in the windows--for comparison, the Xaoc Zadar "level" control does this and it's awesome because I can have a precise sense of the levels going out of it. Useful since some Euro modules want a 10v range and some want a 5v range.

Thanks for such an awesome sequencer, as always, Jim!

I would be also very interested by this feature.

Comment

I guess this should have been in feature requests! Sorry and feel free to move (but it's more "has some of this already been implemented"?

Comment

Great suggestion. Zadar-like numbers for CV values would be excellent!

Comment

So a couple things coming in the next big release:

Alternate tuning support will include some voltage-based tunings: -3 to +7 volts (the full Pitch CV range), 0 to 5 volts (unipolar), and -3 to +3 volts (bipolar), with display readouts as voltage values.

Velocity will be tweaked to allow finer gradations of editing, still using the existing 'bar' display. I haven't done anything yet in terms of a numeric display there, but I suppose that is a possibility.

Something else I have wanted to do for a while, but haven't quite gotten to yet, is to add a 'linear CV' mode to the Sub Seqs. You can already output the sub-sequencers to a velocity output, so adding a linear output mode to the sub-seqs would add some very interesting options.

Cheers,
          Jim

Comment

Linear CV would be great. And if the pitch voltages could be edited by small increments, that would work fine for my needs...

Comment

Working...
            X