• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not in released version yet.

Comment

Thanks a lot

Comment

A lot of good ideas here!

As others already has asked, it would be really powerfull to have more destinations for internal and external modulations and to have more than one layer for the chance operators.

About chance operators, it would be cool to be able to have some interactions with others parts:
        • to be able to mute an another part the time the current step last
        • to be able to reset an another part
        • to be able to pause and to unpause an another part
        Last edited by Robota; 05-20-2019, 09:42 AM.

Comment

I've had the Vector for about 3 weeks now, and it has been fantastic so far! That being said, there's a few features I would really love to see:
          • An option to decouple gate and pitch per sequence. This is my biggest ask as it would allow for additional analogue sequencing tricks that currently require an additional channel with 'dummy' gates.

• Modulation smoothing. This would be similar to the glide implementation for 'pitch' but would allow sliding behavior between modulated steps for CCs and velocity. For the moment, I'm simply using Pitch outs (or an external slew limiter) to accomplish this, but it feels a bit inelegant.

• Global swing / groove. This may be a pedestrian request as 'groove' is already really well done and useful, but sometimes just having a simple percentage for overall swing is what you want.

• Assign MIDI CCs to CV OUTs in Routing.

• Higher resolution values for Velocity (0-127 as per MIDI). Or even better, in keeping with the spirit of CV, it would be _really_ cool to have values represented as a signed floating point value from -10.0v to 10.0v.

• A record mode that allows realtime playing of the VKBD. This would mostly be for previewing although it could also fit into the next request:

• Realtime recording from external MIDI or VKBD. Maybe some very simple quantization options to go with it. This is secondarily useful if you wanted to record the MIDI or CV from a 'THRU' device.

• Editing shortcuts for sub-sequence values. Specifically shift+knob for increments of 10, knob 9 for all values.

Last edited by bivers; 05-31-2019, 04:20 PM.

Comment

After finally getting some time with Vector there are some things that I would like to see in future updates though I think some of them may have been already mentioned but just in case they haven't here goes.

1. More Mod targets for the CV in on Mod1 & Mod2 in particular, Transpose, Octave shift and Velocity scaling.

2. A way to temporarily mute or disable the output of a sub-seq. At the moment if I want to stop a modulation effect from a sub-seq the only way I can see is to remove the param target. However, this has the effect of losing the sequence settings so when you bring back the param target you have to set the sequence up again. A mute or enable/disable per sub-seq would avoid this and be much quicker to use.

3. As was mentioned before when the 9th encoder is used to globally increase/decrease a setting like the velocity or gate length when it reaches zero its reset which is useful in one way. However, if you could do something like holding the shift button down whilst using the 9th encoder or have a switch setting that keeps the original values/offset between them intact when they reach zero as an option then we would have both ways to control the values.

Just something I read in the manual it says that the CV inputs mod1 & 2 have a variety of targets such as gate time, Velocity scaling but as yet there is no Velocity scaling in the target list, which in a way goes back to 1. on my list :-)

Comment

I’d love to see the possibility to transmit program change messages.

Plus....

I’d love more randomisation options and flexibility. For example more random algorithms would be fantastic, especially ones which target more features (such as the chance settings and glide settings etc etc...)

Thanks for the already excellent sequencer!

Comment

Along with Program Change, I'd like to see the ability to send out Aftertouch messages! As I don't think there is a CC for Aftertouch?

Comment

Originally posted by SolarRainUK View Post
                  Along with Program Change, I'd like to see the ability to send out Aftertouch messages! As I don't think there is a CC for Aftertouch?
                  Nope, it's quite a different beast -- two of them actually. MIDI Aftertouch messages are per-note, and are not frequently supported (but coming back around thanks to MPE). Channel pressure, which is for all notes, is much more common, but is often called aftertouch as well... Adding channel pressure as a 'pseudo' CC would be pretty easy...

For a bit more detail on the two, see: http://www.gweep.net/~prefect/eng/re...pec.html#Press

Jim

Comment

Apologies if I or someone else already asked but external control over part/preset and scenes would be very useful (HostUSB/MIDI)
                    I'm running the modular in tandem with Numerology and Live, would love to be able to queue/synchronize Vector changes remotely

Comment

Originally posted by nreeves View Post
                      Apologies if I or someone else already asked but external control over part/preset and scenes would be very useful (HostUSB/MIDI)
                      I'm running the modular in tandem with Numerology and Live, would love to be able to queue/synchronize Vector changes remotely
                      This is a frequent request -- but good to bring it up again...

Jim

Comment

mea culpa
                        thanks for all!

Comment

Couple ideas, things that would be neat, and less of a "request":

Ratchet+Transpose
                          Arpeggios have been called out as a feature. An arpeggio could also be thought of as a ratchet+transpose. For example "//+4", "///M", or "///M7" could be how an arpeggio is described, using the step's pitch as the root of the arpeggio. The neat thing about this is they could also possibly be chance operations, which could be fun.

Transpose Mask
                          Allows steps to be removed from having incoming MIDI transpose them.

How it might work: Press pitch 3 times to reveal the transpose mask screen. All steps default transpose to "on". Each step's transpose behavior can be adjusted with encoders 1-8, or all adjusted withe encoder 9. Initially, the only transpose behaviors might be "off" and "on". Turning transpose to "off" means that the original step's pitch will be played, even if transpose is enabled on the Rec screen.

Being able to disable transpose on certain steps would be powerful enough to use creatively, but additional modes could be added over time too.

Ideas for additional transpose mask modes: "nearest octave" (same pitch but incoming MIDI only moves the octave up and down), "within chord" (using the step's pitch as the chord root, users could select "M" or "m" or whatever, and transpose would only snap to notes in that chord).

Ambiguity/Impact: How would transpose mask relate to transpose set by the sub-sequencer? Seems like it should probably still apply. The latest firmware makes transpose via sub-sequencer more of an offset which plays in to thise.

Likewise how does transpose mask relate to the chance-based transpose operations? Does disabling transpose on a step also disable the chance operations? I don't know if I'd expect it to do that, but for consistency it probably should.

Comment

Originally posted by CF3 View Post
                            My feature request is a non-modular standalone version with more than 8 tracks (16 or 32 maybe?) and 16 step buttons/encoders. I currently have a Cirklon, and would sell it in a hot minute for a full size standalone Vector.
                            +1

A big YES. I got on the waiting list for the Cirklon a year ago and was told the waiting time was "approximately one year". I nver heard from them again and I recently found out that this has now gone up to 2.5 years, and Sequentix seem to be on a different planet as they're talking about a mk2 machine with touch screen and MIDI 2.0 spec.. when there's no MIDI 2.0 gear available or even announced.

A stand-alone doubled-up Vector with MIDI DIN ports would be insta-buy!

Comment

Not sure if I missed this, and I can’t seem to find a setting for it, but I would find it very handy if the 8 encoders’ press action could always be used to switch parts, no matter what mode I’m in. Is this possible?

Comment

Originally posted by yrn1 View Post
                                Not sure if I missed this, and I can’t seem to find a setting for it, but I would find it very handy if the 8 encoders’ press action could always be used to switch parts, no matter what mode I’m in. Is this possible?
                                Interesting-- I'm considering a pref to set a preference for encoder presses to be

In the meanwhile: Hold Part and push any white key on the mini-keyboard to jump to that Part -- I use that shortcut all the time.

Cheers,
                                Jim

Comment

Working...
                                X