Second probability lane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second probability lane

I would very much like to have a second probability lane to be able to e.g. combine skip and ratchet on a single step.

Me too. There’s so much expressive potential in these chance features; one per step is not enough.

Comment

Me three. Keep asking, hopefully that will come some day.

Comment

I’ll fourth this!

Comment

Five this!

Comment

In fact, I’d happily jettison all the drum sequencing and chord sequencing features for a second probability lane. 😆

Comment

Yes I thought many times a second probability lane is missing!

Comment

I would also love more chance ops. However adding a second lane would make the chance page endless. I had a similar request some months ago which adds more chance ops while keeping page clicking to a minimum. I paste it below:

"I saw somewhere a request about stacking chance operations. I think this would be a great addition but on the other hand I think the chance page would be overcluttered and there is already a lot in there. So I had this idea of having chance operations independent for each page: Pitch, Gate, Velocity, Len/Rpt and Ratchet. In this way you could add more chance operations per step and also it would be easier to find the operation you want when you don't have to scroll all these operations that exist in the chance page. In order to access these pages maybe you could hold chance and hit one of the other pages. For instance hold chance and velocity to add chance ops to velocity... makes sense...right? So the chance would be like a shift button while holding it. Not sure if this is possible but it's the fastest way I can think of. The chance page could hold mutes, jumps and whatever doesn't fit to an existing page."
                Last edited by nikop; 01-17-2021, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Going from three chance pages to six is not endless, but I agree it is also not optimal. I think the core problem may be that each op has three parameters: chance type, probability, and pattern. Currently each gets its own page. A little consolidation would help. For example, if pattern could be set by holding shift and turning the encoder when on the probability page, then the pattern page would no longer be needed.

Comment

Working...
                  X